It is a ritual to arrange post funeral reception where people gather together and remember the person who just passed away to heavenly abode. The reception event provides ample chances to people who haven’t met for a long time, however have got together to honor the death of their dear person.
Providing food on such occasions helps people enjoy food while conversing with their friends and relatives. Most often such event is held in the deceased person’s home or in relatives’ home. Now people prefer to hold such meeting in hotel as people get ample space to sit together and enjoy food too.
Earlier on such kind of get together people used ate potluck style meals. Presently the funeral catering Plymouth provides special menus suitable for mourners to taste tasty food helping to reduce their sorrow. This helps the family members to just be concerned with the arrangements of the funeral of their beloved one, without worrying about how to provide the right kind of food on such sorrowful occasion.
Few food items expected to be provided by reliable caterers in Plymouth:
- Liquor and other beverages: To provide only fruit cocktail isn’t expected in any funeral event as funeral toast is part of the post funeral reception to provide respect to the departed soul. Thus, good quality alcohol drinks are provided as per the requirement.
- Finger foods: All kind of sandwiches, variety of cheese boards and other kind of snacks are usually expected to be in the menu if the reception is arranged in mid morning hours.
- Food trucks: In some places, families prefer to provide food in the get together held outside the funeral home as part of tailgate. Tailgating is part of the tradition in numerous of homes across many countries. In some funeral homes providing alcohol to guests isn’t preferred, thus arranging such food trucks to provide alcohol and food savories outside the funeral home has become a known trend.
- Arranging funeral picnic and Barbeques food: In present days, for the tailgating occasion held immediately after the funeral, outdoor picnic is arranged with the help of skilled catering service providers. To meet and talk while enjoying delicious food served in calm outdoor place helps people to forget the sorrow to some extent. Barbeque foods, fresh fruits and veggies served as salads, pasta in varied crème sauce, casseroles, grilled sandwiches loaded with all tasty fillings are some of the most sought food ordered by deceased’s family members.
- Funeral cafes: It is the latest arrival option to have post funeral reception. The cafes provide a reception hall for the mourners to have snacks and hot beverages in a quiet corner space while remembering the person who just left them to find peace in heavenly abode.
If you are aware of people arriving in large number for the funeral arranging meal buffet rather than providing snacks will be appropriate and will be cost effective. Avoid sweet items in dessert instead opt for menu cookies, brownies and fresh seasonal fruit topped with dry fruits. You can set up a good post funeral by contacting best food caterers in Plymouth.